The Kent Stage was constructed in 1927 as a silent movie and vaudevillian theater and is the sole surviving downtown theater in the county. In 2002, the Western Reserve Folk Arts Association took over management of the venue and the rest is history. The Kent Stage was named the Best Acoustic Venue in Northeast Ohio by The Plain Dealer when Nickel Creek stepped out in front of the mics and sang an encore.
Along with the concert venue, The Kent Stage is also the home of All Folked Up – a full service bar equipped to satisfy your desire for an adult beverage or two. Yes, you can take your drink into the theater.
The Kent Stage is the host of approximately 150 concerts a year, the Kent Folk Festival, the Kent Blues Fest, Kent Reggae Fest, the Kent State Around Town Music Festival, film festivals and numerous plays.
The capacity of The Kent Stage is 642
If you are a band interested in playing here, please contact [email protected].
Yes The Kent Stage can be rented for events. We have been the host to: weddings, wakes, birthday parties, movie screenings, corporate training, government meetings, community theater, school activities, ghost hunts, lectures, movie filming, fundraisers, Earth Day events, and of course concerts. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss.
Tickets are available here on our site. Just click on the TICKETS button next to the show you wish to attend and follow the prompts. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover for online ticket sales.
Daily Box Office is open from 1-6 M-F.
Night of Show Box Office opens the same time as the doors.
To purchase tickets by appointment, please call 330-677-5005. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover with photo ID. No ID need with cash!
Tickets can be purchased at 877-987-6487 M-F, 10a – 6p. Additional fees apply.
Due to the nature of our events, the policy varies per event. The majority are all ages, but some are 18 and over and a few are 21 and over.
State issued ID is required of all guests, regardless of your age.
SOLD OUT SHOWS
To ensure that you are guaranteed entry to the show, we recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Once a show is sold out, you can not get a ticket. We do not hold back tickets.
There are a variety of concerts at The Kent Stage. Some have reserve seats, some have Gold Circle seating, some have general admission seats and some include a dance floor in front of the stage. Please check when you buy your tickets.
- Backpacks, outside food or beverages, including water, are not permitted inside The Kent Stage.
- No smoking in the venue. Anyone caught smoking will be removed.
- Underage drinking will not be tolerated. Anyone who is appears to be intoxicated will be cut-off and removed.
- Exit doors are for emergency use only. Anyone caught letting someone in will be removed.
- Guests are not permitted on-stage or backstage.
- Many of the staff are volunteer member of Western Reserve Folk Arts Association, the 501(c) 3, non-profit group that manages The Kent Stage. Please be nice to them.
- If you have any questions about tickets, please contact us at [email protected]